This is a super simple substitute for real tortillas that actually hold up to all the toppings of a great taco because let's face it, Taco Tuesday does not stop just because you are cutting carbs!!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
1 Head of Cauliflower
1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan
1 Large Egg
1 pinch Sea Salt
1 pinch Black Pepper
Dried Herbs (optional)
1. Wash cauliflower and cut off the florets.
2. Place cauliflower into a food processor and pulse until it is
a rice like texture (do not get the frozen).
3. Place the cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl and cover
with plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 4 minutes.
4. Remove cauliflower from the microwave and spread onto a
clean tea towel or cheesecloth. Allow to cool (don't skip this
step, trust me #ouch).
5. Set oven to 425 degrees and allow it to come to temp. In the
meantime, line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
6. Once the cauliflower is cool enough to handle, tighten the
towel around the cauliflower, wringing out as much liquid as
possible. Then do it some more - the less liquid the better
your results will be.
7. In a large mixing bowl, whisk egg and then add cheese, salt,
pepper, dried herbs (if you so choose - its fun to play with this
element), cauliflower and mix thoroughly.
8. Portion out cauliflower mixture directly on to cookie
sheets and spread in 4-5 inch diameter circles approximately
1/4 inch thick.
9. Place in the oven for 7 minutes, flip and bake for another 7