pan seared sea
I readily admit that I take a lot of my inspiration from other cooks around the nation and via social media. This one was all me though.....and it is awesome. Sea Bass is not an inexpensive fish so this may be more of a treat than a staple. The image below is served with mushroom cauliflower risotto.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 13 minutes
Total Time: 23-25 minutes
4 4 oz portions of sea bass with the skin
1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes halved
2 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons fresh Thyme
1/2 Cup dry white wine
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Juice from 1/2 a lemon
1 Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees.
2. While oven is pre-heating, rinse and pat dry sea bass.
3. Rub all sides of the fish with olive oil.
4. Season fish with salt and pepper to taste
5. Place a stainless steal pan on medium high heat until pan is hot.
6. Sear fish on all sides (skin side first) for between 2-3 minutes per side - the crust is what makes it.
7. Remove pan from stove and place in the oven to bake for between 2-5 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish.
8. Remove fish from oven and let rest. While fish is resting, place the pan back on the stove over medium heat.
9. Place the halved tomatoes in the pan until slightly blistered.
10. Deglaze the pan with the butter and wine.
11. Add fresh thyme and lemon juice and simmer until reduced by 1/2.
12. Plate the fish and liberally coat fish with pan sauce.