Jalapeno Cheddar burgers
I don't do stuffed burgers so for those of you expecting this to burst with cheesy goodness, I am sorry to disappoint you, this is not your burger. Instead, we are going to add all of the amazing flavors of a jalapeno popper throughout the burger.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
1.0 lbs Ground Chuck (80/20 if you can
2 slices Bacon
1 Large Egg
1/4 cup Sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1/4 cup Diced Jalapeno peppers (seeds
and ribs removed)
1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1. Cut the bacon in to roughly dime sized pieces.
2. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
3. Once hot, add your bacon and cook approximately 50% of the way through. The
fat should begin to render but remove far before becoming 'crispy'.
4. Remove bacon from the pan on to a paper towel lined plate to cool.
5. Drain excess grease from the skillet and set aside.
6. In a large mixing bowl, add ground chuck, egg, diced jalapeno,
Worcestershire, cooled bacon, salt and pepper. Utilizing your hands,
thoroughly mix ingredients together.
7. Form patties by removing 1/4 pound of the material at a time and roll in to balls
(should be just smaller than a baseball).
8. Optional step: I like to put my patties back in the fridge for 20 minutes or so but
that is just me)
9. Re-heat cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
10. Salt and pepper both sides of patties and place in hot skillet. Depending on
desired temperature, cook for between 3 - 7 minutes per side.
11. Serve with favorite toppings (I am not going to tell you how to eat your burger
but grilled jalapenos and avocado are AMAZEBALLS on this burger)