So when you post your favorite recipe (seared sea bass) and only get requests to post the mushroom/cauliflower risotto, you just have to go with the masses.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
FOR THE RISOTTO
1 Head of Cauliflower (riced)
2 cups sliced baby bella mushrooms
1/4 cup butter
2 cloves minced garlic
1 large shallot, diced
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 Tbsp heavy cream
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1. Break down the head of cauliflower and place in the food processor. Pulse until it reaches a rice like consistency (or just buy the pre-riced versions in either the produce or frozen sections which work just as well but are more expensive).
2. Heat a large saute' pan over medium heat and add butter.
3. Once the butter is melted and hot, add the garlic and shallots. Saute until shallots are translucent.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Reduce heat to medium low, add mushrooms, and toss to coat in the butter. Continue to cook until soft.
6. Add cauliflower and mix thoroughly.
7. Add white wine and cook off until the liquid has evaporated.
8. Add chicken broth (I highly recommend warming first in the
microwave) a few tablespoons at a time, stirring frequently and
letting evaporate each time, covering mixture between
9. Once cauliflower is tender, add a few more tablespoons of
broth and heavy cream and continuing to stir.
10. Cover with lid and continue to cook, allowing the cauliflower to
steam and soften until tender.
11. Stir in the Parmesan and add any additional salt and pepper to