Roasted Shrimp &
This is a great meal to make the risotto ahead (it heats up awesome) and then cook the shrimp for 5 minutes. We also love this hack to cut out the carbs while not cutting out the flavor. We do at least 3 variations of this dish but this is the core recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
FOR THE RISOTTO
1 Head of Cauliflower (riced)
1/4 cup butter
2 cloves minced garlic
1 large shallot, diced
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 Tbsp heavy cream
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
FOR THE SHRIMP
24 Deveigned and peeled large shrimp
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tspn Old Bay Seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Rinse and dry the shrimp and place them on a sheet pan. Add
olive oil and bay seasoning and mix by hand. Place in
refrigerator while you prepare the 'risotto'
3. Break down the head of cauliflower and place in the food
processor. Pulse until it reaches a rice like consistency (or just buy the pre-riced versions in either the produce or frozen
sections which work just as well but are more expensive).
4. Heat a large saute' pan over medium heat and add butter.
5. Once the butter is melted and hot, add the garlic and shallots.
Saute until shallots are translucent.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Reduce heat to medium low, add riced cauliflower, and toss to
coat in the butter.
8. Add white wine and cook off until the liquid has evaporated.
9. Add chicken broth (I highly recommend warming first in the
microwave) a few tablespoons at a time, stirring frequently and
letting evaporate each time, covering mixture between
10. Once cauliflower is tender, add a few more tablespoons of
broth and heavy cream and continuing to stir.
11. Cover with lid and continue to cook, allowing the cauliflower to
steam and soften until tender.
12. Place sheet pan with shrimp in to the preheated over for
between 5-7 minutes
13. Stir in the Parmesan and add any additional salt and pepper to