These easy to make ahead single servings sized cups are a go to for our house. They are great warm or cold which makes them ideal for batch cooking and picnic parenting on game days.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Recipe inspired by kevinandamanda.com
24 wonton wrappers
1 lbs ground turkey or beef
1 10 zo can Ro-Tel Diced Tomatoes and
Green Chiles (we prefer the 'hot' version
but any temp will do)
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
1 Packet of Taco Seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Coat a standard size muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray (not necessary for non-stick pans)
3. Place a large skillet on medium-high heat and add the olive oil
4. Once oil is hot, brown your ground meat of choice (we usually use Turkey but Beef is also great)
5. Once meat is brown, add Taco Seasoning and 3/4 cup of water, reduce heat to medium low and let simmer
for 20 minutes
6. Remove cooked meat from heat and place in a large mixing bowl
7. Drain the Ro-Tel Tomatoes and add to meat
8. Add 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese to bowl and mix thoroughly
9. Line each cup of the muffin tin with two wonton wrappers positioned perpendicular to each other (you want
more points to get crispy, trust me on this one) and press firmly into the cup.
10. Fill each cup approximately 2/3 of the way full (about 3 Tbsp) with the meat mixture. Try and avoid
overfilling as that will prevent the cups from getting crispy.
11. Top each cup with the remaining shredded cheese.
12. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes until cups are heated through and wrappers are golden brown.