vegetable quiche cups
I struggle with getting enough veggies in throughout the day so if I do not get one or two servings early, probably not going to happen. This breakfast is a great make ahead meal that is packed with all of your favorite veggies (the ones below are just a suggestion). We have even done these with quinoa mixed in and they are still great.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
12 Eggs or 1 Carton of Egg Substitute
1 box frozen chopped spinach
1/2 Red Pepper diced
1/2 Green Pepper diced
1/4 Yellow Onion diced
1 Jalapeno Pepper diced
Salt & Pepper to taste
Non-stick Cooking Spray
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Thaw and thoroughly drain the chopped spinach (seriously, go to town on this stuff as the more liquid you can squeeze out the better).
3. Line a cupcake baking pan with foil liners and spray with cooking spray.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add all of the veggie ingredients, eggs, salt and pepper and stir until well combined.
5. Place an even amount in each muffin tin.
6. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until a knife comes out clean when inserted in the quiche cups.
Note: These are super versatile and the veggie choice really is up to you. I like ours spicy so I will also hit them with hot sauce before mixing the ingredients. These also freeze fairly well but be sure to let them cool and pull the muffin wrapper off prior to freezing in individual serving sizes.